One of the blessings of not paying attention to bloggy shite has been not knowing anymore what internetty sewage has plummeted from Glenn Reynold's poop sluice. But now I'm back and so I risked a peek at the motherfucker's prattling about why it's great we elected a fascist shithead, and Great Snot! what a dick.
Here are the Insta-blessings of the Trumpanista regime: It
(1) Killed off dynastic politics, at least for now. If Hillary had won, 4 of the last 5 presidents would have come from two families. That’s not healthy.
Donald Trump will free us from malignant dynastic politics? DONALD FUCKING "I INHERITED EVERYTHING AND WENT REPEATEDLY BROKE" TRUMP will do this? Even as he nurses his own loathsome brood on the fell meats of their privilege?
Also there is a difference between a "wife" and a "son" as regards how "families" work.
(2) Kept Hillary out of the White House. She’s amazingly crooked even by DC standards, and amazingly inept even by DC standards as well. Debacles galore have been prevented by keeping her out. Plus, a Clinton presidency would have allowed the completion of the Obama Administration’s weaponization of the federal government and possibly ensured one-party rule for decades. And at the very least, it would have allowed the sorry gang that Obama and Clinton brought in (go read the Podesta emails!) to bore in for four to eight more years.
This would be insane, untrue, and bullshit even if the GOP had nominated someone other than a man who SETTLED A MULTIMILLION DOLLAR FRAUD CASE the day after the fucking election.
Those two reasons were reason enough to back Trump. But now let’s look at what’s happened since election night: (3) The Mattis appointment. In one swoop, a big start toward fixing the military that Obama turned from warriors into social-justice warriors. Plus, a big blow to PC culture in general.
This only makes sense to idiots.
(4) The Carrier deal. Sure, everybody hates it — except for the voters. But it’s a promise kept, and one that makes American working-class folks feel like, finally, somebody cares. And it’s rich to see people who didn’t bat an eye at Solyndra going ballistic about $7 million over 10 years.
"Libertarians" always "bat eyes" at authoritarians. Without fail. (Solyndra! Holy shit.)
5) Crushing the media’s sense of self-importance: They thought they were going to hand this election to Hillary. Now they’re realizing just how few people like or trust them, while Trump bypasses them using Twitter and YouTube. As I’ve said before, in the post-World War II era, the press has enjoyed certain institutional privileges based on two assumptions: (1) That it’s very powerful; and (2) That it will exercise that power responsibly, for the most part. Both assumptions have been proven false in this election cycle. Like many of the postwar institutional accommodations, this one will be renegotiated under Trump. It’s past time. After getting spanked in 2004 over RatherGate, the press realized with Katrina that if they all converged on the same lies they could still move the needle. Now they can’t.
(6) China. Obama’s foreign policy has been disastrous. Trump has served notice to China that we’re not abandoning our allies on the Pacific Rim. That will be noticed elsewhere, too.
Hooray for belligerent ignorant Twitter diplomacy. Does Trump even know what a "Pacific Rim" is? Sad!
(7) The transition. It was supposed to be “chaos,” but it’s been smooth and obviously well-planned. This bodes well and, among those willing to pay attention beyond SNL sketches, is changing minds.
It is instructive to note the degree to which "Instapundit" demonstrates the truth that "libertarianism" is, always, ""Republican party propaganda," and nothing else.